Soreness after birth
This article has been written by our users, feel free to edit or expand this article. You may also write an article on a new subject.
After childbirth, vaginal soreness is often experienced, especially if an episiotomy took place, or if any tears or grazes are present. Below are some ways to ease soreness after birth:
- Icepacks will help to provide instant relief. Wrap some ice cubes in a cloth and place it over the affected area.
- Gel pads are very soothing as well, and many hospitals provide these. You can wear them inside your underwear, so they are very discreet.
- Taking warm baths will help to soothe the tender area. Run the water at a temperature that is comfortable for you.
- Keeping active will increase your circulation, which will promote a quick recovery. Try taking short walks.
- Doing your pelvic floor exercises will also help with the circulation to that area, hence speeding up recovery.
- Arnica, a herbal remedy which is known for reducing bruising, has also been shown to be effective.
 More Information
Read more about the Postpartum Recovery period:
 Your Body
 Postpartum Complications
 Home Life